Over the years much research has been done to confirm the claim that drinking red wine reduces the risk of some health problems, especially heart disease. Red wine contains flavonoids and antioxidants that can help reduce the risk of heart disease. HDL cholesterol works to erase a person’s blood vessels and the risk of coronary heart disease, heart attack and stroke. Red wine, when consumed in moderation, is known to increase HDL-cholesterol in a person. The American Heart Association recommends that men should drink no more than two 4-ounce glasses of red wine per day and women should not drink more than one 4-ounce glasses.
Drinking large quantities of red wine, as with any other alcohol, will increase the risk of alcoholism, stroke, obesity, high blood pressure and accidents. The American Heart Association recommends that, in order to reduce the risk of heart disease and other conditions, it’s important to eat healthy and get enough physical activity daily. Drinking red wine would not be a substitute for the healthy living practices.
Other benefits of drinking moderate amounts of red wine are:
- A flexible prostate: Research among 30 000 health workers indicate that people who drink red wine are 70 percent less likely to have prostate cancer.
- A very strong heart: Drinking wine protects against heart disease. Led the alcohol in wine helps blood vessels stay healthy and less likely to clog.
- Reduced risk of cancer: The positive effect of wine on cardiovascular system is known. Now it appears that the wine grapes also have a protective function to prevent cancer. This is still in an experimental phase but the results look very good.
- Jofele kidneys: American research shows that wine drinkers are 40 to 60% less likely to develop kidney stones.
- A strong stomach: Wine drinkers are 25 percent less likely to have inflammation of the duodenum and the stomach lining.
So actually drinking wine is very healthy and drinking wine in style is not a luxury but a must. Such a delicious drink must be served in a beautiful glass, that’s why the shatterproof wine glasses are the best pick for most wine drinkers.